[R] Colour gradients and colour fill between points

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:48:28 CEST 2012

The akima package does interpolation and there are probably others as well.

You could also fit a parametric, semi-parametric, or local model to
the observed data and use the predicted values from the model for the
interpolations (see the loess function for one option that might work
well for you).

You could also use the rasterImage function rather than levelplot, it
has options to do interpolation.