[R] relating data in two data frames

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 03:43:58 CEST 2012

On Aug 19, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Sapana Lohani wrote:

> Hi,
>

> My data.frame "A" has FID like this
>
> FID

> Now my second data.frame "B" has age value for a, b, c, d like
>
> FID Age
>
> a      5
>
> b      7
> c      9
> d      3
>
> How can search for the Age column in "B" and replace the values in
> "A" so that my new "A" looks like this

? merge

Perhaps

merge(A, B)
# although the ambiguities inherent in posting only screen output
instead of the greatly-to-be-preferred output of dput() makes this a
guess.

> FID Age
>
> a      5
> a      5
> b      7
> b      7
> b      7
> c      9
> c      9
> d      3
> d      3
> d      3
> d      3
>
> Thanks you
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

And posting html is a deprecated format for rhelp.

(Console output does not qualify as reproducible.)

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA