[R] Opinion: Why I find factors convenient to use

Fri Aug 17 19:58:02 CEST 2012

I don't know if my recent post on this prompted your post, but I don't see much to argue with in your discussion. I find factors to be useful for managing display and some kinds of analysis.

However, I find them mostly a handicap when importing, merging, and handling data QC. Therefore I delay conversion until late in the game... but usually I do eventually convert in most cases.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing