[R] pass by reference

Alexandre Aguiar asaguiar at spsconsultoria.com
Tue Aug 14 04:20:26 CEST 2012

Sachinthaka Abeywardana <sachin.abeywardana em gmail.com> escreveu:
>Think you are missing the point,

As lover of C-style pointers, I must admit that hiding complexities (and associated problems) of pointers is a great feature of all successful high level languages (HLLs). As much as they spare time and can be easily learned by non-programmers, they impose penalties in performance and memory consumption.
Most drawbacks of HLLs have been effectively and efficiently addressed by a number of strategies in such a way that currently we have a wide variety of options. Languages have become tools to solve problems and, as such, we must pick the proper tool for each problem. That means the very first step is properly assessing the problem.

My 2 cents.

--

Alexandre Aguiar, MD SCT
SPS Consultoria

--
Sent from my tablet. Please, excuse my brevity.
Enviado do tablet. Por favor, perdoe a brevidade.