[R] Stopping all code execution when ANY error occurs (OR error handling without try/tryCatch)

enocko enotrash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 03:56:55 CEST 2012

Hi, thanks for the ideas, folks.

I'm on Windows 7, R 2.15.0 x64, RStudio 0.97.71.

I do appreciate your time... I would like to say my goal of dealing with
errors without R's error trapping tools is not nonsensical given that those
tools are cumbersome and not well-suited to the development phase of coding
where one informally runs various snippets all the time.

The suggestion of looking at IDE's is a good one because it would not be
hard for an IDE to just wait and see if any line of code gives an error, and
halt execution if so (a global option could enable this). RStudio doesn't
have this--does anyone know of something that does? I can post a suggestion
to RStudio.

Thanks,

Phil