[R] Vector size limit for table() in R-2.15.1

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:09:16 CEST 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 07:30 , Sean Ruddy wrote:

> Thanks for the help all! Good to know that there's an answer. Unfortunately, I don't have the rights to install programs so I wasn't able to try devel and I've never heard of R patched but I'm guessing I can't install that either. I'll see if I can get someone to do that.

Otherwise, if you are on a reasonably full install of Linux (your system info doesn't say which exact flavor it is), you can compile and run your very own version from sources, which you can fetch as tarballs or directly from the Subversion repository. It may be easier to get IT to help you install the system requirements for this than to get them to install R-devel repeatedly. Check the Installation and Administration manual for the practicalities.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com