[R] R Commander - Time Series

Billpete002 Billpete002 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:54:50 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I'm just starting to learn R and I heard a good way of doing that was R
Commander. For my work I use a lot of time series, so I installed (and
loaded) R Commander with epack.

When I go to Ts-Models, after loading my data, I click on ARIMA Models tab.

I load my variable D1 Ln Demand (1st differenced ln demand). I set my
regular and seasonal p d q settings hit run and I get:

[1] "Error in list(order = c(0, 1, 0), period = ) : argument 2 is empty\n"
attr(,"class")
[1] "try-error"
attr(,"condition")
<simpleError in list(order = c(0, 1, 0), period = ): argument 2 is empty>

I assume it means the period is empty? But there was no option to set that.

It says in the messages sections:

[4] ERROR:  argument 2 is empty

[5] ERROR: the model ArimaModel.1 is no longer available
[6] ERROR: There are no models from which to choose.
[7] ERROR:  argument 2 is empty
[8] ERROR: the model ArimaModel.2 is no longer available
[9] ERROR:  argument 2 is empty
[10] ERROR: the model ArimaModel.4 is no longer available

Thoughts?