[R] map axis on projected shapefiles

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 8 22:17:40 CEST 2012

There is no particular requirement to start with decimal degrees in R.

You could have started with their original projection, as loaded into R,
and reprojected directly to your desired projection (i.e., without the
extra step of passing them through ArcGIS).

By the way, this would have been a good question for r-sig-geo.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory