[R] add vectors to multiple objects

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Aug 3 20:58:15 CEST 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 8:19 AM, John linux-user wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for response, but my key question still remains unsolved.
> That is, how to add many vectors (L1,L2,L3....) to many list objects
> (a.list, b.list....) in a workspace?
>
> listObjects=ls(pattern=".list") #for example,  a.list, b.list...
>

> for (object in listObjects){
>
> #how to sign vectors L1,L2,..Ln to each object (a.list, b.list...)
>

> }
>
> Any suggestions/comments/ideas will be appreciated.

Can we have code that creates these entities in the workspace? (That
is what is meant as a reproducible example.)  I cannot tell whether
there are already objects named "L1", "L2",... to which you wish to
append the value of the objects found,  or  that you want to assign
values to names that only exist as character vectors.

--
David.

> John

David Winsemius, MD