[R] package "rms" nomogram

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 04:28:34 CEST 2012

Putting context back in.

On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:22 PM, B787s wrote:

> Thanks, it is helpful.
> I knew there were several modeling capacities built into this
> package "rms".
> I would just like to have a general ideal how the points for each
> predictor
> determined. I read a paper by Lasonos et al 2008. It mentioned it
> was by the
> size of the effect.

Let me guess.... it's the one lying behind the request for US$ at:

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/26/8/1364.long

It seems possible the conceptual gaps may be in the degree to which
you understand how glm() functions work. Do you have a working
understanding of what a linear predictor is? Do you understand what a
link function does? Do you understand that a unit change in the linear
predictor will not imply a unit change in the response unless the link
function is "identity"? If the article did not cover those topics then
you were ill-served.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA