[R] wgcna choice for softpower by scale indepence when combining to datasets

Ingezz irholtman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:30:55 CEST 2012

Dear Peter,

I have another question about WGCNA. I am using the package for
meta-analysis to find modules preserved in several datasets. However, I am
unsure how to handle the softpower, because each dataset has its own ideal
scale indepence value. When combining several datasets what should I do?
- pick the lowest scale indepence value and use this for all datasets?
- calculate an average scale indepence value of the datasets, and use this
one?
- use different scale indepence values for different datasets, all though
combining them later on?
- or something else, which I havent thought of?

Hope you can help me!

Many thanks!

Kind regards,
Inge