[R] Count number of rows in a matrix with a character pattern

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:52:24 CEST 2012

I'd use a combination of rownames(), grepl() and sum().

Get the names with the first, test with the second and count the positives (by coercing TRUE -> 1) with the last

Michael