[R] Rconsole file fails to remember GUI settings, and script

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Apr 27 15:58:09 CEST 2012

Hi

Isn't possible just to change values in etc/Rconsole file?

## Colours for console and pager(s)
# (see rwxxxx/etc/rgb.txt for the known colours).
background = White
normaltext = NavyBlue
usertext = Red
highlight = DarkRed

You can customise it and keep your setting somewhere. With each new
installation just copy appropriate part aof Rconsole file and save it.

Regards
Petr

> Sorry, I don't use Windows... can't help there.
>
> It's customary to keep cc'ing the list on these sorts of things so
> someone with a more similar platform/ more expertise can take the
> issue up if needed. Maybe someone else will be able to help you out.
>
> Michael
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM, geo theory <geotheory1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > Window 7. Sorry should've mentioned that.
> >
> > On Fri Apr 27, 2012 at some time, Michael Weylandt wrote:
> > The GUI's are OS specific -- which is yours?
> >
> > You might also want to check out RStudio -- also open source -- which
> > provides a very nice cross-platform IDE: http://rstudio.org/
> >
> > There are nice coloration options (both customizable and by default)
> > -- I quite like the cobalt theme
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM, geotheory <geotheory1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Am encountering two related problems since the 2.15 release.
=C2=A0Apolog=
> > ies in
> >> advance for a mundane non code-related post, but you know how it is.
=C2=

http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.h=