[R] Using FME modCost with multiple independent variables

Jack Lonsdale s0453946 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 23:03:42 CEST 2012

I am attempting to calibrate a forest growth model using FME. I have
several spatially separate plots with time series growth data for
each(eg, height, basal area, etc.). Thus 2 independent variables: time
and plot.

Is there a way that I can calculate a model cost that takes into account
these different plots? I notice in the documentation for the modCost
function that there is a note stating that using more than one
independent variable should be possible in the future, and was wondering
if anyone has managed this? Or if there is a way I can achieve this, it
would be interesting to know how.

Thanks,

Jack

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.