[R] RCOM comInvoke

Arnaud Battistella arnaudbattistella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:15:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding RCOM and in particular the comInvoke
function. When we use comCreateObject we have a way to check the
object was properly created with comIsValidHandle; however, after
calling comInvoke the only way to check it worked as expected is to
use comGetProperty and see if we get a correct information. The issue
is that comInvoke always returns NULL so I couldn't find a way to
catch a problem with comInvoke. I was wondering whether there was a
way to check whether comInvoke worked as expected before extracting
data from the object, i.e. before using comGetProperty etc... As a
side note I did try to use comInvoke with inaccurate object names,
i.e. objects not created, and it also returned NULL, as it does when
it works and is properly called.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Arnaud