[R] Errors Updating Libraries (2.15) [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 25 01:16:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> So what do you mean by "same issues"?  Do they all complain about
> reshape2, or not?

Duncan,

   They all mention reshape2 because that's saved from the first R session
today. But, they show the same errors as did reshape2 for each individual
package.

   Regardless of why I'm having these issues running R as a user, I resolved
the problem by logging into a root shell, initiating a R session, and
installing packages as root. Haven't needed to do this before, but it loads
the packages in /usr/local/ so all users have access to them and that's the
goal. When I now start an R session and call library() all packages --
including reshape2 -- are present.

Thanks very much,

Rich