[R] Function from ecdf to ccdf

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 14:42:23 CEST 2012

On Apr 24, 2012, at 4:47 AM, Alaios wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to calculate the complementary cumulative distribution
> function. As it is known, the ccdf is the 1-ecdf(X)==1-F(x). (From ?
> ecdf help is shown that ecdf returns a function which is the F(x)
>
> I would like to use that function inside my function and after call
> curve (which accepts function as input). My code looks like that
>

> onVector<-seq(1:100)
> offVector<-seq(101:200)

Heh, .... I've made that mistake myself. It's a difficult one for the
brain to catch. Unfortunately it does not throw an error. (Arguably
this is an infelicity that should be flagged with at least a warning.)

> myecdfOn<-function(onVector){1-ecdf(onVector)} # This gives the ccdf

I do not think it does. Have your tried to do anything with it?

> curve(myecdfOn,from=1,to=max(c(onVector,offVector)), add=TRUE,lwd=2)
>
> Unfortunately fails and I can not really see what is he problem of it.

Try reading the error message more closely (... and next time post it.)

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT