[R] [BioC] Overlay Gene Expression on SNP (copy number) data

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 23 15:42:37 CEST 2012

Another possibility for visual display of several kinds of data is RCytoscape, for which an example can be seen here:

http://rcytoscape.systemsbiology.net/versions/current/gallery/TCGA/subnet.TCGA.02.0014.png

This portrays
  1) gene expression (green: under-expression; red: over-expression)
  2) copy number (blue: high, black: low)
  3) gene type (node shape: hexagons are kinases, arrows are ligands, diamonds are receptors, circles for everything else)
  4) mutation status (not SNPs, but non-synonymous amino acid substitutions)
  5) in the context of gene relationships, from KEGG

A vignette for a larger version of this network is nearly complete.  The Cytoscape network map is created from data and R code.

 - Paul