[R] How to take ID of number > 7.

Mon Apr 23 14:28:12 CEST 2012

Small mistake in my subset example. I mean to remove the `$ID` part at
the end so that you can play with the whole subset-ted data.frame, and
not just get back the ID column. Instead of this:

R> interesting <- subset(DataFile, log2 >= 7)$ID

do this:

R> interesting <- subset(DataFile, log2 >= 7)

I guess you probably figured that out by now, but just wanted to point that out.

HTH,
-steve

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Yellow <s1010265 at student.hsleiden.nl> wrote:
>> I figured out something new that I would like to see if I can do this more
>> easy with R then Excel.
>>
>> I have these huge files with data.
>> For example:
>>
>> DataFile.csv
>> ID Name log2
>> 1 Fantasy 5.651
>> 2 New 7.60518
>> 3 Finding 8.9532
>> 4 Looeka -0.248652
>> 5 Vani 0.3548
>>
>> With like header1: ID, header 2: Name, header 3: log2
>>
>> Now I need to get the $ID out who have a &log2 value higher then 7.
>>
>> I know ho to grab the $log2 values with 7+ numbers.
>>
>> Log2HigherSeven = DataFile$log2 [ DataFile$log2 >= 7]
>>
>> But how can I take thise ID numbers also?
>
> Seems like there were already a few suggestions in this thread, but
> I'm surprised no one has suggested the use of `subset` yet, see
> ?subset:
>
> R> interesting <- subset(DataFile, log2 >= 7)$ID
>
> Now play with the `interesting` data.frame to get the data you need
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
>  | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>  | Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Steve Lianoglou