[R] Solve an ordinary or generalized eigenvalue problem in R?

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sat Apr 21 17:37:13 CEST 2012

Hello,

Berend Hasselman wrote

> On 21-04-2012, at 11:40, Berend Hasselman wrote:

>> See this:
>>
>> <start R code>
>> # This works on Mac OS X
>> # Change as needed for other systems
>> # or compile geigen into a standalone shared object.
>>
>> dyn.load(file.path(R.home("lib"),"libRlapack.dylib"))
>>

> Replacing the dyn.load line with
>
> dyn.load(file.path(R.home("modules"),"lapack.so"))
>
> lets run geigen1.R run on Mac OS X and Ubuntu unchanged.
> Hopefully this is the proper way to load Lapack as provided by R.
> How to do it on Windows, I can't test.
>
> Berend

My system is a Windows 7 and the following function solved the dyn.load.

dynlib.load <- function(x, dir){
	dynname <- paste(x, .Platform$dynlib.ext, sep="")
	dynname <- file.path(R.home(dir), dynname)
	dyn.load(dynname)
}

# In windows it's these names
dynlib.load("Rlapack", "bin")

The rest worked at the first try.
Note that this function is independent of the sub-architecture, like the
help page for R.home() says:

"The return value for "modules" and on Windows "bin" is to a
sub-architecture-specific location. "

(R.home("bin") returns .../bin/i386 or .../bin/x64)

Hope this helps

Rui Barradas