[R] Script Help Or Excel Add-in

bscully bscully27 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:06:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have been using R/S+ for years and love the software.  Still a novice but
I can do what i need to.

Anyway, I am working on a forecasting project and would like to create a
script that automates the following steps:
order data by X
Create groupings 1...N
Separate test data set
run regression on each group
Determine result.  (A mathematical formula is run on the forecasted output)
Repeat for test set
Review results

I have no idea how to do this script in S+.  Working in excel would make
this much easier so my question is twofold:

1) I am running windows 7, MS Office 2010 and i dont have an excel add-in
for S+.  Does one exist?  Does one exist for R?  An installation link would
be very helpful.

2) How can i create the above script in R/S+ to automate my research.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Ben