[R] error loading tcltk2

drjes3bioc drjes3bioc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:24:11 CEST 2012

I am having the same problem loading tcltk2

> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available =
> TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'tcltk2', details:
  call: system("cat /etc/issue", intern = TRUE, ignore.stderr = TRUE)
  error: 'cat' not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘tcltk2’

on a Windoze XP on Dell Intel dual core processor
running R version 2.14.2 (2012-02-29) just reinstalled

Its not clear to me how to solve the problem if tcltk2 is designed for
Ubuntu

thanks for any guidance how to proceed.

-John