[R] Displaying data in Trellis

ce41188 stevelavrenz at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:55:37 CEST 2012

Thank you for the reply.

The more I look at this, the more confused I become. I was wondering if you
could walk me through this a little more in detail, in particular the panel
method function of doing things. It may be obvious to many, but I haven't
really used Trellis before, so I'm still at the bottom of the learning
curve.

I get that you are identifying a specific color with the variable "mycols"

I get that you are identifying panel/packet 4 as the one to receive the
different color in "whichpan"

and I get that you are plotting the different colored points with
panel.xyplot

I think what confuses me the most is the "whichpan" variable - what does the
"1+" do?