[R] Installing texlive dependencies

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.uns.ac.rs
Wed Apr 18 13:31:28 CEST 2012

Hello ALL!
I am running Fedora 16 x86_64. Due to some dubious problems with the
TeXLive (2007, which is a default), I removed it. That removed R as
well, and some other dependent packages. Then, I installed TeXLive 2011
from CTAN. However, when I wanted to install R, from Fedora's
repositories, it asks for some TeX dependencies (for example,
tex-preview, texinfo-tex, texlive, texlive-dvips etc.).
I know that new TeX is installed in other place
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/), than the old, default, Tex 2007
(/usr/share/texmf/). But, I defined PATH properly:
PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86-64-linux:$PATH
So, I wonder why R asks for those TeX-packages? Can I tell it where to
look?

Thanks in advance,
PM