[R] Survival Curves

robgriffin247 rg.rforum at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 16:24:33 CEST 2012

Hello
I'm trying to make survival curves for some longevity data -
100 males and 100 females, some of which are still living (not dead at the
end of survey)

I would like to make sex specific survival curves as time on the X axis,
proportion alive on the Y, and a line for each sex (two lines)

Data looks like this:
Focal	DOB	        DOD	        Longevity	    Sex
1	        89-04-20	na	                na	                    Female
2	        54-02-20	08-04-14	54		            Female

Any suggestions of functions to use? I've not worked with time data (this is
yy-mm-dd) before so not sure how to handle it
Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob