[R] system2 and cspade on Windows

Shahin Saneinejad ssaneinejad at acumenllc.com
Mon Apr 16 08:15:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm using the cspade function of the arulesSequences package. Running example(cspade), I'm getting the error:

preprocessing ...
Error in file(con, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(con, "r") :
  cannot open file '[...]\cspade1ebc3787780c.log': No such file or directory

This appears to be because system2 output redirection isn't creating an output file:

> t = tempfile()
> system2("cmd",c("dir"),stdout=t)
> file.exists(t)
[1] FALSE

The last time this issue with system2 was reported, it was apparently fixed [1]. A more recent thread with a (potentially?) similar issue with cspade seems to have died [2]. I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.14.2 (2012-02-29)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

Anyone know of a workaround? I'd really appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Shahin

[1] http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e17/help/12/04/9389.html
[2] http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/CSPADE-error-system-invocation-error-td4530706.html