[R] Sending lists from R to C using .C

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 15 09:11:23 CEST 2012

On 15/04/2012 05:22, chris90nz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently stuck on the following problem: I have a matrix where each
> element is a list of numbers of differing lengths. I am wondering what would
> be the best way to send this to my C function using .C?

Follow the documentation ....

This is not the list for discussing compiled code (see the posting
guide), nor have you told us what you tried.  But in fact there is only
one way to do this, and ?.C and 'Writing R Extensions' explain it to you.

I have no idea why you would have 'a list of numbers of differing
lengths'.  First, what is the length of a number?  Second, why not store
numbers in numeric vectors?  An example (as required by the posting
guide) would have helped compensate for an imprecise description.