[R] Can't get R to recognize Java for rJava installation

Waichler, Scott R Scott.Waichler at pnnl.gov
Fri Apr 13 22:17:02 CEST 2012

Milan,

Merci.  I did find the javah file and put it in /usr/bin, where R can now find it.
However, I still get a similar error message when trying to install rJava, i.e.

configure: error: One or more Java configuration variables are not set.

The only field that doesn't have a value now are the cpp flags:

cpp flags   : ''

Could this be the problem now?  How can I set those, and what value should I give?

Scott Waichler