[R] Help - Importing data from txt and xlsx files

AMFTom the.quiet.room at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:28:17 CEST 2012

Dear Thierry,

Thanks for your help. Now though, I try to import data from a txt file, and
it says either

> mydataframe <- read.table("Lv2.8.txt")
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,
:
  line 3 did not have 15 elements

or

> mydataframe <- read.table("Lv2.8.txt", header = TRUE)
Error in read.table("Lv2.8.txt", header = TRUE) :
  more columns than column names

even though I seem to have put a column name into the txt file for each
column. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Tom