[R] General question on the message with "non zero exit status"

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 12 13:57:31 CEST 2012

On 12.04.2012 12:05, Chel Hee Lee wrote:
> I have a general question how to understand the message with "non-zero exit
> status" when new package is installed. Based on my experience, this message
> implies a package dependence. Am I correct to understand this message? Are
> there anyone who can provide some reference or explain details about the
> message with "non zero exit status"?

A process typically indicates success by an exit status 0 and csan flag
different kinds of errors by other exit codes. This is so far unrelated
to R.
The INSTALL script evaluates the exit status and tells you that
something went wrong according to that status, for more information, you
will need to look at the (text) output of the INSTALL run.

Uwe Ligges