[R] Survreg output - interpretation

mariaeugeniau mariaeugeniau at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 11 18:33:25 CEST 2012

Hello R users,
I am analizing survival data (mostly uncensored) and want to extract the
most out of it.
Since I have more than one factor, I´ve read that the survival regression
can help to test the interactions between factors, and then decide how to do
the comparisons using the Log-rank test (survdiff).
1- if I chose the Weibull distribution, does the output inform the goodness
of fit to it? perhaps in this part of the output...

Weibull distribution
Loglik(model)= -1302.8   Loglik(intercept only)= -1311
        Chisq= 16.49 on 11 degrees of freedom, p= 0.12
Number of Newton-Raphson Iterations: 7
n= 873

2- one of my factors is "gender" (2 levels). With survreg, it appears as
significant, but if I compare them with log-rank it turns not significant.
Are they comparing different things? or is it a test power issue?

thank you very much

Eugenia

Lic. M. E. Utgés
INMeT