[R] slanted stacked bar graphs?

Susanna Makela susanna.m.makela at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 08:29:03 CEST 2012

Hello R users,

I would like to generate "slanted" stacked bar graphs like those on
the bottom of pages 1 and 2 in this document:
http://www.wssinfo.org/fileadmin/user_upload/resources/JMP-Snapshot-SWA-HLM.pdf
. I've also attached the file to this email (pdf). Does anyone know if
this is possible in R? I have tried googling and searching the R help
archives, and it seems like ggplot2 might be able to make such graphs,
but I'm not familiar enough with graphics in R to know for sure.

(I personally don't feel that these "slanted" bar graphs - not sure if
they have an actual name - convey the intended information very well,
but I have to try and make them all the same. However, I am open to
alternative suggestions for visualizing similar data if anyone has
ideas.)

Thanks,
Susanna