[R] How do Sweave users collaborate with Word users?

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sat Apr 7 23:29:16 CEST 2012

I cannot reply in detail at the moment, but we have a proposal to the
Google Summer of Code this year which will address the collaboration
issue. The basic idea is to write everything in plain text with
markdown (including R code), and compile the file with the knitr
package, then convert it to Word or whatever other formats with
pandoc, which is an extremely powerful document converter. You can see
a simple example here for how knitr works with markdown:
http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/upload/ Since everything is in plain
text, it is easy to collaborate through a version control system like
SVN or GIT. Markdown is easy to write and cleaner compared to Word.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>