[R] Rgui maintains open file handles after Sweave error

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Apr 5 19:34:40 CEST 2012

Well, I do not think it is a good practice (in terms of reproducible
research) to keep on running Sweave in the same R session, because
your previous run and your current workspace could "pollute" your next
run. To make sure a document compiles on its own, it is better always
to start a new clean R session. If you run into speed issues (e.g. you
have chunks which require intensive computing), you can consider using
cache, which the knitr package has reasonably good support.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>