[R] meta-analysis, outcome = OR associated with a continuous independent variable

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Apr 5 15:53:50 CEST 2012

You can get an OR from a 2x2 table (which is equivalent to doing logistic regression with a single dummy variable that indicates the group) or from some continuous exposure (where the logistic regression model will then include that continuous variable). The various packages are set up to accept counts for 2x2 tables and then will compute the OR (or rather, log(OR)) for you. If you have ORs from the second case, you simply calculate the log(ORs) yourself and supply them to the appropriate function from the packages.

Best,

Wolfgang