[R] constrained optimization with vectors using the package alabama

Bjoern Guse bguse at hydrology.uni-kiel.de
Thu Apr 5 15:06:13 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I want to estimate a function for the relationship between the distance
and the cross-correlation coefficients. This means that I have several
pairs of distance and cross-correlation coefficients.
Hence, I have a function which includes two vectors with the same length
(for distance and the cross-correlation coefficients) and the parameters
x[1] and x[2] which I want to optimize.

I can easily apply auglag or constrOptim.nl from the alabama package for
scalar values, but I did not find a way to include vectors.

Has anyone from you an idea?

thank you and best regards

Björn

--