[R] How do you distinguish between characters on a pco plot?

leannehaggerty leannehaggerty at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:39:22 CEST 2012

I've read everything I can find, maybe I'm just missing something but I can't
find an example which colours the points on a pco plot differently based on
user specified parameters, I can colour every point differently or all the
same, or randomly with a number of colours.
What I need to do is specify that points a, b and c, for example will be
blue, while points d, e, f, and g will be red and points h and i will be
green. Is it possible to colour with uneven distribution, I suppose is my
question? I can't find a solution in any manual.