[R] Calculating NOEL using R and logistic regression - Toxicology

vito.muggeo vito.muggeo at unipa.it
Tue Apr 3 01:38:53 CEST 2012

dear Danielle,

The NOEL is a threshold value or breakpoint in the range of dose. Have a look to the
package segmented to estimate a GLM with unknown breakpoints. The code (untested) should
be something like

library(segmented)
o<-glm(y~1, family=binomial)
os<-segmented(o, ~dose, psi=starting_psi)

Also the package segmented includes the dataset down that can be useful as an example..

data(down)
with(down, plot(age, cases/births))

There is a paper of mine on R news 2008 discussing the package..

hope this helps you,
vito

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:45:06 -0800, Danielle Duncan wrote