[R] Reading first line before using read.table()

Hurr hill0093 at umn.edu
Mon Apr 2 02:27:07 CEST 2012

So far I have figured out that the following line
reads our time series files into R OK.
dtLs$dta <- read.table("C:/TryRRead/datFiles/JFeqfi4h.rta", header = TRUE,
sep = ",", colClasses = "character")
But I have to remove a main-title line so
that the first line is the column titles line.
This leads to having two sets of data files around when
we would rather have just one set.
How can I read just one line from the file to
get the main title in before using the read.table() call?