[R] simulate correlated binary, categorical and continuous variable

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 07:23:54 CEST 2012

Your explanation below has me more confused than before.  Now it is
possible that it is just me, but it seems that if others understood it
then someone else would have given a better answer by now.  Are you
restricting your categorical and binary variables to be binned
versions of underlying normals?  if that is the case I doubt that
there would be a more efficient way than binning a normal variable.

If not then can you show us more of what you want to produce?  along
with what you mean by correlation or covariance with categorical
variables (which is meaningless without additional
restrictions/assumptions).