[R] simplest pgfSweave example results in error

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Fri Sep 30 05:00:58 CEST 2011

pgfSweave() tries to compile your tex file to PDF by default; that is
where texi2dvi() came from.

Are you compiling the same Rnw as you mentioned before? It looks odd
because there should not be a makefile unless you turned on
externalization (the Rnw file you provided did not use
externalization). If there is a makefile anyway, you may need to
delete it as the instruction said.

I have no idea about the warning about Encoding in DESCRIPTION, but an
extremely important piece of information that you must provide in this
mailing list is sessionInfo().

Regards,
Yihui
--