[R] Odp: create loops in the explanatory variables using lm

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Sep 29 11:57:43 CEST 2011

Hi

Well, are those names (Acer_davidii, ...) columns in data frame? If not
and you want them as factors of species you shall reformat your input so
as you get data frame with columns mortality, richness, species,
community. Column species shall have your plant species names in each
respective row.

Your lm call shall be

lm(sqrt(mortality)~richness+species+community, data=your.data.frame)

see then

?relevel for setting reference level of your factor.

Regards
Petr