[R] dump.frames, debugger and the "..." argument

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 28 18:25:44 CEST 2011

Well, its 2.10, a slightly old version. I know that I am advised to upgrade to the current version. Unfortunately the installed version on the machine I am using is out of my reach. The reproducible example would be:

dummyFunct = function(a, ...) {
  b = 2* a
  c = d           # should cause error
  return(b)
}

options(error = quote(dump.frames(dumpto = "last.dump", to.file = TRUE)))

dummyFunct(1)
load("last.dump.rda")
debugger(last.dump)
# selection of call 1 causes:

# Error in get(.obj, envir = dump[[.selection]]) :
#  argument "..." is missing, with no default

R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.10.1