[R] GAMs in R : How to put the new data into the model?

pigpigmeow glorykwok at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:47:17 CEST 2011

I have 5  GAMs ( model1, model2, model3, model4 and model5)
Before I use some data X(predictor -January to June data) to form a equation
and calculate the expected value of Y (predictand -January to June). After
variable selection, GAMs (Model 1)were bulit up! R-square :0.40

NOW, I want to use new X'( predictor -July - December data) and put into
Model 1, then get the expected value of Y' (predictand-July -December)

I used mcgv package, what should I do now?