[R] Reading data in lisp format

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:04:12 CEST 2011

On 22/09/11 10:13, ESTEBAN ALFARO CORTES wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> The crx.data is a different database and I would like to use both.
> I have contacted with the developer but he has not answered me.

I would suggest talk to folks using emacs, as emacs is written in lisp
(well - elsisp)and particularly, especially the guys from org-mode
(http://orgmode.org/), because they deal with all kinds of languages
(including R) http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/. Very
I am quite sure, that somebody there should be able to help.

Rainer

> Regards,
>
> Esteban
>

> ________________________________
>
> De: David Winsemius [mailto:dwinsemius at comcast.net] Enviado el:
> mié 21/09/2011 17:08 Para: ESTEBAN ALFARO CORTES CC:
> r-help at r-project.org Asunto: Re: [R] Reading data in lisp format
>

> If you think that R is loosely typed, then examining LiSP code will
>  change your mind, or at least give you a new data point further
> out on the "Loose-Tight" axis. I think you will need to do the
> processing "by hand".
>
> The organization of the data is fairly clear. There are logical
> columns with values :neg and :pos, categorical columns with values
> in (id <value>) pairs, numeric ones and then a group of computed
> columns at the bottom. It also appears that after the first
> enumeration of ids with logical values that subsequent logical
> variables are defined possibly with "pos:" values only.
>
> So I guess the counter-question is: How important is this
> particular dataset to you??
>
> And  further question might be, are you sure that you don't want
> the dataset that is right next to it:
> ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/machine-learning-databases/credit-screening/crx.data

It is well-behaved comma-separated file. -- David.

> On Sep 21, 2011, at 6:39 AM, ESTEBAN ALFARO CORTES wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to read the "credit.lisp" file of the Japanese credit
>>  database in UCI repository, but it is in lisp format which I do
>> not know how to read.  I  have not found how to do that in the
>> foreign library
>>
>> http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Japanese+Credit+Screening
>> <http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Japanese+Credit+Screening
>>>

>> Could anyone help me?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Esteban Alfaro
>>
>> PS: This is my first time in r-help so I apologize for possible
>> inconveniences.
>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>> provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
> David Winsemius, MD West Hartford, CT
>

> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa