[R] Cannot allocate vector of size x

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Wed Sep 21 12:28:48 CEST 2011

Yes, on a recent heavy-duty job -profile likelihood of Tweedie power parameter for a relatively complex glm with hundreds of thousands rows dataframe- I had the "cannot allocate vector ..." error, then I just closed-saved the main workspace, full of large objects, then I did the profiling on a fresh and almost empty (with strictly necessary objects) workspace, and it run successfully. Then I just loaded the two workspaces to one session,  and continued happily to the end of the job. :-)

Dr. Ruben H. Roa-Ureta
Senior Researcher, AZTI Tecnalia,
Marine Research Division,
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g, 48395, Sukarrieta,
Bizkaia, Spain