[R] Strplit code

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Sep 21 02:26:45 CEST 2011

Look at the help file for do.call.  It is
most useful when you don't know how many
arguments will be given to the function you
are calling.  E.g., if you know that the list
x is always 3 long then you can do
   rbind(x[[1]], x[[2]], x[[3]])
to make a matrix out of the components, just as
   do.call("rbind", x)
would.  If you don't know how many rows there
will be then do.call is the way to go.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com