[R] Plotting Questions (was: Results of applying na.omit on zoo object)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 19 23:24:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  On a related note, I'm reading the zoo help pages and vignettes but do
> not see the syntax for specifying which stream/parameter pair I want to
> plot. What do I read to learn how to do this?

   I think that my reading answered this question, but now I need to refine
the plots.

   If I run 'plot(z[, 1])' for example I get the stream/parameter pair in
that is on the left of the top row. This leads to two refinement questions:

   1) How can I get a list of the stream/parameter pairs and their position
in the summary matrix? and,

   2) How can I determine the earliest and latest dates in each
stream/parameter pair in which there are data? According to the zoo.quickref
vignette, start and end provide the earliest and last dates in the index,
not necessarily for a specific stream/paramater pair. Once I have those
dates I can specify start = as.Date("<start-date>") and end =
as.Date("<end-date>").

Rich