[R] Strange pdf() in Fedora 15

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.uns.ac.rs
Thu Sep 15 14:06:23 CEST 2011

Hello useRs!
Recently, I migrated from Debian i386 to Fedora 15 64-bit, after a long
and happy experiences with Debian distributions (first Ubuntu, later
Debian itself). I installed R with yum install R, and then necessary
packages. Everything seems to work fine, for now, except that exporting
plots with pdf() gives quite an ugly output: instead of nice dots (as
always before), I am getting some weird sign that resembles to lower 'q'
or 'g' or, even more, to neck-down half-note (minim).

Can anyone give me some advice how to make this thing right? Why is this
happening? It is pretty annoying.

All the best,
PM