[R] Force regression line to a 1:1 relationship

Patrick Breheny patrick.breheny at uky.edu
Wed Sep 14 17:46:06 CEST 2011

On 09/14/2011 11:36 AM, David Winsemius wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Patrick Breheny wrote:
>> The latter type of plot is called a "partial regression plot" or
>> "added variable plot".  They are discussed in any regression
>> textbook, as well as wikipedia and probably dozens of other web sites.
> You appear to be criticizing a single sentence after an egregious
> removal of context.

I did not intend to criticize anything.  The original poster said that a
reviewer asked him to make a plot "using the residuals of the lm() and
plotting them against a covariate".  This is a bit vague, but sounded
like an added variable plot to me, so I was simply trying to make the
original poster aware of the existence of added variable plots and point
him to some places where he could read more about them.

Patrick Breheny
Assistant Professor
Department of Biostatistics
Department of Statistics